Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2018

To be or not to be: a chooser... that is the question





I woke up one morning to a very vivid dream informing me that I believed that I was a victim. Wow! I was surprised. I thought I had handled that one. 

In that moment, I was so very clear that I no longer wanted to carry that old baggage. 


Very quickly, I had the opportunity to put this new decision to use. I was having to leave the house in a short time and take my lunch with me. I had this planned out the night before so it was easy... right? Not so much. The bread that was there the night before, was no longer there. Immediate reaction came up... what the heck?! I don’t have time for this... blah blah blah... right?!?!?! 

Then suddenly I realized that I had a choice! I was not a victim. I could stop at the grocery store and grab some bread and make lunch in the car after my appointment. I could also go and get a sandwich at a restaurant as both options were on my way... so I left a few minutes early and stopped at the store to pick up the bread. The loaf that I wanted was not sliced that morning. They often have it sliced, but not today. 

Next choice point.... choose something else or ask to have it sliced. I asked and very quickly it was sliced, paid for, and I was on my way... still on time.  
My day went as planned from there and at lunch time I went to my car to eat and go home. I decided that it would only take me 30 minutes to get home so I would eat at home. What I didn’t anticipate was the heavy traffic that took my drive from 30 minutes to 90 minutes. 

Another choice point...  I had all the fixings with me for lunch so when traffic slowed I pulled out the bread and saw that I needed scissors to open it. 

Choosing again, I tried to be creative in opening it and eventually I was successful. 

That day, and many days since, have provided me with many opportunities to keep choosing.

I’m not a victim because I have a choice. Even if something unpleasant is happening that is out of my control, I can still choose how to show up in that moment. 

The power of choice is always mine.

I could go on and on about the many opportunities I have each day to live out the decision I made not to be a victim, or better said, to be a chooser. The choice is yours also. Just take note in each moment of what the possibilities are and exercise the muscle of choosing what feels best. This may feel unfamiliar at first, but quickly you’ll find things open up as you focus on what you do want rather than what you don’t.  

My mantra is... What else is possible in love?

To be, or not to be (a chooser)… that is the question. Be curious and you’ll find out what else is possible and hopefully have some fun in the process. 


dōTERRA Essential oil:

Juniper Berry

Juniper Berry is The Oil of the Night in the book Emotions and Essential Oils as it assists with “fear of the dark or unknown aspects of ourselves,”  enabling us to  face our fears, grow and move on. Dreams can be a way of processing fears and Juniper Berry assists us in the night and helps to restore balance and wholeness within. 




Inspired Music


Lots of love to you and may you be blessed on your journey,

Barbara
Whose life are you living anyway? Barbara’s work is about living life by the blueprint that is written on your heart. Barbara is an Amazon best- selling author, teacher and speaker, doTERRA Wellness Advocate and intuitive catalyst, having fun in this adventure called life. Her passion is inviting people to live joyfully, and in good health, while no longer settling for the expectations others have set forth. Her life experiences have given her the most valuable wisdom and knowledge she shares today. She also holds a degree with honors in Managerial Psychology, is a Certified Consulting Hypnotist through the National Guild of Hypnotists, with focused training in Emotional Freedom Technique, Neuro Linguistic Programming, and A Course in Relationship, as well as many other energy modalities. She uses a creative approach to suit each individual, and often uses doTERRA essential oils, Expressive Arts, EFT and so much more

No comments:

Post a Comment